7 Tips for Mastering Visual Marketing on Instagram
May 16 2017
Visual marketing is a big deal. Seventy-four percent of social media marketers use visual content, and 60 percent use video. And for 37 percent of them, the most important type of content for their business is visual marketing.
So how are they using images and videos to promote their business? One popular platform is Instagram, which boasts more than 600 million users and counting. In fact, 28 percent of U.S. adults are now using it, with 51 percent logging in daily and just under 80 percent checking in at least weekly. You can create a personal profile, but with a business profile, you can access follower insights and advertising options.
Tips for Using Instagram
- Set your account to public so potential clients can view your images immediately. If they have to request approval and wait for permission, they're likely to skip it altogether.
- Link your Instagram and Facebook accounts for quick sharing across both networks.
- Make Instagram a part of your daily social media routine, and be sure to keep things interesting with a mix of images and video. Focus on your best listings, visually appealing amenities and places of interest in the local area, such as restaurants, shopping and event centers.
- Never use stock photos. Take pictures on your mobile device with an eye toward quality.
- Use geotagging and photo maps to make your posts location specific.
- Add relevant hashtags to improve the searchability of your posts and quickly expand your audience.
- Engage with other users when it makes sense, and always take the time to respond to comments on your posts.
As a real estate agent, you know visual presentation is essential. And there's no better social platform for visual marketing than Instagram.
Training and coaching are key components of the Keller Williams experience. Our award-winning programs provide agents with education and resources to create a successful real estate practice. Learn more about how we can help you too.