5 ways to improve your reach on Instagram
March 20 2018
Greater reach -- the number of unique views your content receives -- means more potential leads. But, achieving that visibility will take some effort. With that in mind, here are five easy ways you can maximize Instagram reach:
1. Determine optimal post times. Posting when followers are online increases immediate engagement, which improves feed position later on. If you're using a business profile, check out Instagram Insights to find out when your followers are most active.
2. Generate conversation. Ask questions that feel authentic to your brand and relevant to your base. Hold giveaways, asking followers to like, comment or tag a friend. And make user-generated content (UGC) part of your gameplan. UGC is 35 percent more memorable and 50 percent more trusted.
3. Start telling stories. Instagram Stories appear at the top of users' feeds, so you're more likely to be seen. Plus, it's a great way to feature a property over a 24-hour period. You can also use the "Live on Instagram" option to broadcast in real time.
4. Promote popular posts. If you have content that's resonating with your audience, run an Instagram ad to get it in front of more people. Promoting existing posts will expand reach and drive engagement -- improving organic reach.
5. Tag everything appropriately. Relevant hashtags allow you to appear in search, making it easier for users to find your content. Geotags and photo maps can be used for location-specific posts and to highlight your local presence.
These are just a few ways to maximize reach on Instagram. Let us know what you're doing to attract more followers to your business!
Training and coaching are key components of the Keller Williams experience. Our award-winning programs provide agents with education and resources to create a successful real estate practice. Learn more about how we can help you too.